Monday, April 25, 2011

Confidence

I don't know what happened over the weekend, but for the first time in a couple months I am actually feeling pretty confident about this upcoming marathon. I think it's a mixture of things. I had a great long run yesterday, had a fantastic picnic on the harbor with my boys, had an awesome workout with Angela this morning (I usually have terrible workouts post-long runs!)... but mainly I think it's knowing how many people are supporting me. Not just in running, but in all aspects of my life.

My fiance Jeff is the one I rely on the most. He is my best friend. And he has been nothing but supportive. Training takes up a lot of time on Sundays, which is the only weekend day we both have off from work. But he always encourages me to go when I say I have to take off for a 4 hour run, even if it takes up a big chunk of our day together. Knowing that he genuinely wants me to be happy and achieve my goals keeps me motivated.

My friends have also been really supportive- even if they do try to get me to drink with them the night before my long run! Haha... I heartses them.

My trainer Angela has instilled some confidence in me. Not only does she give me killer workouts (like she did today), she is a runner herself. Today she told me that before her first marathon, she never ran more than 18 miles at one time. And for any marathon she has done, she's never run more than 20 at one time. Considering I worked myself up to 19 miles, that makes me feel a TON better. Only one reason I heartses Angela!

Time to celebrate my recent workout success (and my completion of folding the laundry) by cuddling with Toby!

No comments:

Post a Comment