Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lazy!!

Ever since the Safari Park half marathon, I have had no desire to run. At all. I don't think I have run during the week (Tuesday-Saturday) once in the last two weeks. Which is abnormal for me. I ran my 6 mile training run (the shortest one yet) on Monday. I have just been so extremely busy. Jeff and I are more than a year away from our desired wedding date (we haven't even set a date in stone!) and I feel like we are completely engulfed in wedding planning. I am not going to lie, I love it. I love planning, as most of my close family and friends know. I am not complaining. But it's not very conducive to a solid running schedule. And on top of that, I have been lazy.

I thought that after taking a vacation I would be totally ready to get back into the full swing of things. The opposite is true. I want to continue the vacation! Ugh. It's frustrating. I have still been spinning and doing yoga and occasionally lifting. But I really need to concentrate on running. The Rock n Roll full marathon is in a little over 2 months and I have yet to do more than 16 miles.

Tomorrow is supposed to be my first 20 mile training run. I am feeling optimistic. This morning was the first morning I have woken up at a reasonable time, 6:45 AM (late for me but still pretty early), and actually have not wanted to keep sleeping for another hour. I don't care how long it takes me to finish my 20 miles tomorrow, I am determined to do it. I think I will stick to Balboa Park. I haven't run there in quite a while, and after visiting the Prado (as a potential wedding venue), I realized that I miss it.

Tonight I am going out with the girls to the gaslamp for the first time in at least six months, which I am stoked about. But again, I don't know how conducive it will be to my running date tomorrow... I guess we will see! When I am determined, I can make myself do something no matter how painful (sometimes a bad thing).

I think the hardest part about training for this marathon is not the mental grit I need to finish my training runs, or the physical toll the runs take on my body, but being able to fit the training runs into my busy schedule. I don't want to give up any other part of my life. I love hanging out with Jeff and Toby and my friends, so I have to make them a priority. Hence why I tend to run at 5 in the morning (not ideal, needless to say). I like feeling busy, but this is a little much. I think it will be worth it though. I may feel differently after running 20 miles tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment