Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So... sore...

I usually get sore after long runs, but this is the first time since maybe my first half marathon that I have been this sore 2 days later. It could have something to do with the fact that it was a longer run than I have ever attempted at one time. Or it could have something to do with my trainer Angela.

Let me just explain Angela to you. Angela is about 5'4", 110 lbs, short blonde hair. And she could also probably bench press Jeff while running a marathon. Okay that might be a slight exaggeration, but let's just say looks can be deceiving. She is an awesome trainer. My entire body feels like jelly after seeing her. I only see her once every two weeks now, but she always writes down our workouts for me to do on my own during the week. She is very good about creating workouts for me that are running-centric. Every exercise utilitizes multiple muscle groups, definitely including at least one leg group. About 99% of the exercises involve the glutes (that's what she said).

Here is what we did yesterday in case anyone cares (and I may be forgetting some things):
Weighted step ups (20 lb. dumbbell in each hand)
       -8 on each side
Single arm power cleans (20 lb. dumbbell)- haha while I was doing this Angela whispered to me that the guy next to me was doing the same exercise with his trainer- with 10 lb weights!
      -12-15 on each side
Single arm bent over rows (20 lb. dumbbell)
      -15 on each side
Bosu ball (with flat side up) squat to overhead press (20 lbs in each hand)
      -12 reps
Bosu ball (with flat side up) straight leg dead lifts (20 lbs in each hand)
      -15 reps
Bosu ball (round side up) single leg bridge position skull crushers (10 lbs in each hand)
      -8 on each side
Side plank with leg lifts
      -12-15 on each side
Rowing machine plank to pike (feet on seat, hands on box)
      -15 reps
Rowing machine moving plank (hands on seat, moving seat back and forth)
      -45 seconds

I did most of those 3 times (didn't have time to do a couple of them a third time) and I was DONE. I wanted to not move for the rest of the day, but unfortunately I had a couple errands to do before the cruise. Not complaining! Oh and I got a facial with my fave aesthetician, Shelby. I am sad that she will be going on maternity leave, but happy for her.

Speaking of facials, I scheduled a hot stone massage for the day after my full marathon. So if anything during the race I can keep thinking "hot stone massage, hot stone massage, food, hot stone massage." That will be sure to keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment